Manheim Township Public Library
Library Assistant (Part-time)
Manheim Township is seeking a part-time library assistant. The desired candidate will be a motivated, high-energy and outgoing individual who is detail and team-oriented, tech-savvy and possess superior communication and customer service skills.
Qualifications: HS Diploma required. Candidates with a college degree and previous library experience are preferred. Millennium/Sierra ILS experience a plus. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and shelve materials on high as well as low shelves. Must pass Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History and FBI Federal Clearance.
Job Description: Assist library patrons at the Circulation Desk, at the public computers, in the Youth Service Department, on the phone and behind the scenes with processing the flow of materials. Up to 28 hours/week.
Application: Send resume, cover letter and references by email to: Katrina Anderson, Manheim Township Public Library at email@example.com with “Application LA 2017” in the subject field. Position open until filled. EOE
Manheim Township Public Library
Manheim Township, located in Lancaster County, PA, is looking for a highly motivated Library Director who will report directly to the Township Manager. The Library Director will be responsible for developing, administering, supervising and coordinating the work of the Library and staff; as well as performing managerial duties including personnel, budget, fund-raising and the overall operations of the Library. The Library Director will partner with the Library Board of Directors to carry out the mission of the Manheim Township Public Library.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Providing leadership for the overall effective and efficient operation and growth of the Library.
- Recommends, plans and directs the goals, objectives and operations of the Library.
- Performing a variety of public relations functions designed to inform the public of available Library resources and to promote literacy and use of the Library.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the public, officials, and other local libraries.
- Representing the Library with the Library System of Lancaster County (LSLC).
- Responsible for library materials management.
- Handles personnel tasks such as training, hiring, performance management, and employee work assignments and schedules.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school with at least three (3) years of administrative experience at the assistant director or director level.
- At least three (3) years of experience with budget management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 15th, 2017. EOE
Manheim Community Library
Youth Librarian Position
Manheim Community Library is hiring a Youth Librarian. You make it happen by encouraging a love of reading at an early age; you’ll forever be remembered as the one who sparked their love of books! No pressure!
The Youth Librarian positions requires enthusiasm, creativity, and independence. You’ll plan, prepare, and deliver children’s programs on a regular basis and for special events. To encourage reading, you’ll help promote library programs focused on early literacy and act as a liaison to the schools, pre-schools, and daycare providers.
You’ve got a flair for creativity which can be shown in book displays, organizing the children’s room, and on the bulletin boards that line our hallways to welcome our youngest patrons to the library. You can provide oversight to volunteers and a Summer Intern. Participate in trainings and monthly meetings with other Youth Services in the Lancaster County Library System.
What really excites you will be serving over 800+ kids for our Summer Reading Program lasting 10 weeks. 10 weeks of absolute chaos and fun! Are you ready? Visit http://manheimlibrary.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/ for more information.
Youth Librarian is a Part-time position requiring 22 hours per week (Tuesday – Thursday 9-2, every other Friday 10-5 & every other Saturday 9-4 -opposite weeks). Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. First consideration will be given to applicants who submit by May 19, 2017.