Manheim Township Public Library
Library Assistant – Circulation Department
Manheim Township Public Library is seeking a part-time Library Assistant in the Circulation Department. The desired candidate will be a motivated, high-energy, and outgoing individual who is detail and team-oriented, tech-savvy, and possesses superior communication and customer service skills.
Job Description: Assist library patrons at the circulation desk, at the public computers, and over the phone. Works behind the scenes processing the flow of materials.
Qualifications: HS Diploma required. Candidates with a college degree and previous library experience are preferred. Sierra ILS experience a plus. Ability to speak a language in addition to English desirable. Must be able to lift 30 pounds, push carts weighing 50 pounds, and shelve materials on high as well as low shelves.
Compensation: $9.50/hour. The position is 14 hours/week, weekdays and a minimum of one Saturday per month. Hours subject to change based on the needs of the Library.
Must pass the Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Fingerprint Based Federal Criminal History.
Application: Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Joyce Sands, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Manheim Township Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manheim Community Library
The Youth Librarian positions requires enthusiasm, creativity and independence. This position will plan, prepare, and deliver children’s programs focused on early childhood learning and development skills on a regular basis and for special events. To encourage reading, you’ll help promote library programs focused on early literacy and act as a liaison to the schools, pre-schools, and daycare providers. You’ve got a flair for creativity which can be shown in book displays, organizing the children’s room, and on the bulletin boards that line our hallways to welcome our youngest patrons and their families to the library. What really excites you will be serving over 800+ kids for our Summer Reading Program lasting 10 weeks. With an interest in developing new skills and helping our team, you will be awesome!
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
Manheim Township Public Library
Grant Writer/Fundraiser (Part Time)
Manheim Township Public Library is seeking a highly-motivated, dynamic individual for the Grant Writer/Fundraiser position. This individual will develop, plan, and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to support the Library’s mission. To be successful, the Grant Writer/Fundraiser must achieve established revenue goals. To learn more about the Library visit www.mtpl.info.
- Plan and implement all aspects of fundraising events
- Coordinate all fundraising campaigns
- Develop a comprehensive grant funding program
- Work with the Executive Director and Department Managers to identify projects that are suitable for grant funding
- Identify and research potential grantors, prepare grant applications, administer grants, and submit reports to grantors
- Donor relations activities including retention of current donors, assisting with solicitations, developing cultivation strategies for specific donors, expanding and diversifying donor base
- Develop relationships with businesses to obtain sponsorships, donations, gift-in-kind donations, and event participation
- Maintain donor database Track fundraising revenues and generate reports
- Promote fundraising activities using social media, mailings, press
- Create Corporate Sponsorship Plan
- Create Planned Giving/Bequests Program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years fundraising experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the development profession
- Proven experience in applying this knowledge to develop and carry out successful fundraising
- Knowledge of donor software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Experience creating website content (WordPress)
- Ability to produce promotional materials and digital displays
- Ability to meet fundraising goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in writing grant applications
- Flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. The position is 20 hours/week and includes evenings and weekends, based on the needs of the organization.
Must pass the Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint Based Federal Criminal History.
Application: Send cover letter, resume and three references to Joyce Sands, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manheim Township is an equal opportunity employer.