Library System of Lancaster County
The Library System of Lancaster County seeks an Accounting Manager responsible for the entire range of financial activity in the organization. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Zimmerman at email@example.com by June 10, 2017.
Job Summary: Position is responsible for the entire range of financial activity in the organization, including treasury, budget, and all accounting functions. Formulates and recommends policies on banking, receipt and disbursements of funds, and all fiscal accounting matters. Responsible for the development of standard accounting analysis and reporting procedures. Prepares reports which outline the organization’s financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future figures.
Qualifications: BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university in business; accounting desirable. BA or BS in another field with postgraduate certification or experience in business management or accounting may be substituted. A minimum of four years professional accounting experience. Government or non-profit experience preferred.
Salary: $50,000/yr. plus benefits
- Follows accounting policies for all System financial transactions with responsibility for the integrity of all financial information.
- Matches purchase orders to invoices and reviews documents for accuracy; processes payment requests in Quickbooks, produces checks, and prepares for distribution/mailing.
- Reconciles online fee collections to bank statement and ILS reports and distributes patron fees to member libraries accordingly.
- Prepares and distributes book order invoices to member libraries. Reconciles vendor invoices to member library invoices to assure accurate billing.
- Prepares and processes bank deposits and records revenue/receivables in Quickbooks.
- Prepares, in conjunction with the Executive Director, the System’s budget annually and reviews monthly. In coordination with the Executive Director, consults with each manager on his/her budget lines as necessary. Decisions are vetted through the Executive Director.
- Provides monthly financial reports for the System Board and System Finance Committee.
- Interfaces with member libraries on funding, budget, basic bookkeeping, and other related accounting topics.
- Furnishes managers with needed financial reports.
- Assists Managers and staff with purchasing as needed; reviews purchase orders, insuring budget availability.
- Prepares required tax reports for System.
- Prepares financial portion of Library System’s State Annual report and assists District Consultant with the review of the financial portion of the member libraries’ annual reports.
- Prepares all necessary schedules and work papers for the audit. Works closely with the auditors to provide needed financial reports.
- Helps to develop and calculate funding formulas for distribution of funds.
- Serves as backup to the HR Coordinator for Payroll and SAAS (Time and Attendance) and other areas as needed.
- Performs related or similar duties as directed or assigned.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Ability to produce high-quality financial statements and financial reports.
- Ability to generate and analyze statistical data.
- Proficient in the following software or equivalent: Intuit QuickBooks, Intuit Fixed Asset Manager, Evolution payroll and SAAS HR time and attendance.
- Able to plan, budget and implement programs on a countywide or equivalent level.
- Ability to supervise, coach and evaluate staff.
- Ability to effectively understand, devise and carry out LSLC strategic plan.
- Knowledge of budget development and management.
- Ability to effectively promote LSLC and departmental services to all stakeholders.
- Able to take direction; manage multiple priorities and prioritize work.
- Follows and supports LSLC’s strategic plan.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods, suggesting new ideas for implementation.
- Effective communication skills, including but not limited to: Phone, email, in-person etiquette.
- Proactive and self-motivated problem solver; able to resolve questions and issues from member libraries and the general public in a polite and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently or in a group as needs dictate; ability to lead or otherwise assist a team or committee when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills, including punctuality and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of or quick aptitude in learning how to use standard office software (Microsoft Office/Windows), email and equipment; ability to learn System or industry-specific software and equipment; knowledge of or ability to learn basic website editing.
Manheim Township Public Library
Manheim Township, located in Lancaster County, PA, is looking for a highly motivated Library Director who will report directly to the Township Manager. The Library Director will be responsible for developing, administering, supervising and coordinating the work of the Library and staff; as well as performing managerial duties including personnel, budget, fund-raising and the overall operations of the Library. The Library Director will partner with the Library Board of Directors to carry out the mission of the Manheim Township Public Library.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Providing leadership for the overall effective and efficient operation and growth of the Library.
- Recommends, plans and directs the goals, objectives and operations of the Library.
- Performing a variety of public relations functions designed to inform the public of available Library resources and to promote literacy and use of the Library.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the public, officials, and other local libraries.
- Representing the Library with the Library System of Lancaster County (LSLC).
- Responsible for library materials management.
- Handles personnel tasks such as training, hiring, performance management, and employee work assignments and schedules.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school with at least three (3) years of administrative experience at the assistant director or director level.
- At least three (3) years of experience with budget management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 15th, 2017. EOE
Manheim Community Library
Youth Librarian Position
Manheim Community Library is hiring a Youth Librarian. You make it happen by encouraging a love of reading at an early age; you’ll forever be remembered as the one who sparked their love of books! No pressure!
The Youth Librarian positions requires enthusiasm, creativity, and independence. You’ll plan, prepare, and deliver children’s programs on a regular basis and for special events. To encourage reading, you’ll help promote library programs focused on early literacy and act as a liaison to the schools, pre-schools, and daycare providers.
You’ve got a flair for creativity which can be shown in book displays, organizing the children’s room, and on the bulletin boards that line our hallways to welcome our youngest patrons to the library. You can provide oversight to volunteers and a Summer Intern. Participate in trainings and monthly meetings with other Youth Services in the Lancaster County Library System.
What really excites you will be serving over 800+ kids for our Summer Reading Program lasting 10 weeks. 10 weeks of absolute chaos and fun! Are you ready? Visit http://manheimlibrary.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/ for more information.
Youth Librarian is a Part-time position requiring 22 hours per week (Tuesday – Thursday 9-2, every other Friday 10-5 & every other Saturday 9-4 -opposite weeks). Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. First consideration will be given to applicants who submit by May 19, 2017.