Manheim Community Library
Community Relations Coordinator (Part Time)
Manheim Community Library seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Community Relations Coordinator to coordinate Library publicity and provide leadership for major development activities. Duties include preparing and distributing promotional materials; maintaining the Library’s online presence and websites; as well as managing the donor database, mailing lists and recognition activities. Assist the Trustees in preparing for major development campaigns including creation of direct mailings and benefit events. Assist in preparation of grant proposals. Coordinate public relations activities with the idea of helping the Library grow into a strong vital community resource.
Training and experience in marketing, publicity, donor cultivation and event planning is desirable. Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong organizational skills. Proficient use of technology and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Word Press, Mail Chimp) required. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and a sample event flyer to firstname.lastname@example.org. First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by Monday, July 31, 2017.
Manheim Township Public Library
Manheim Township, located in Lancaster County, PA, is looking for a highly motivated Library Director who will report directly to the Township Manager. The Library Director will be responsible for developing, administering, supervising and coordinating the work of the Library and staff; as well as performing managerial duties including personnel, budget, fund-raising and the overall operations of the Library. The Library Director will partner with the Library Board of Directors to carry out the mission of the Manheim Township Public Library.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Providing leadership for the overall effective and efficient operation and growth of the Library.
- Recommends, plans and directs the goals, objectives and operations of the Library.
- Performing a variety of public relations functions designed to inform the public of available Library resources and to promote literacy and use of the Library.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the public, officials, and other local libraries.
- Representing the Library with the Library System of Lancaster County (LSLC).
- Responsible for library materials management.
- Handles personnel tasks such as training, hiring, performance management, and employee work assignments and schedules.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school with at least three (3) years of administrative experience at the assistant director or director level.
- At least three (3) years of experience with budget management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com no later than May 15th, 2017. EOE
Manheim Township Public Library
Library Assistant (Part-time)
Manheim Township is seeking a part-time library assistant. The desired candidate will be a motivated, high-energy and outgoing individual who is detail and team-oriented, tech-savvy and possess superior communication and customer service skills.
Qualifications: HS Diploma required. Candidates with a college degree and previous library experience are preferred. Millennium/Sierra ILS experience a plus. Must be able to lift fifty pounds and shelve materials on high as well as low shelves. Must pass Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History and FBI Federal Clearance.
Job Description: Assist library patrons at the Circulation Desk, at the public computers, in the Youth Service Department, on the phone and behind the scenes with processing the flow of materials. Up to 28 hours/week.
Application: Send resume, cover letter and references by email to: Katrina Anderson, Manheim Township Public Library at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application LA 2017” in the subject field. Position open until filled. EOE