The Eastern Lancaster County Library, formerly known as New Holland Library, was established in 1933 by the New Holland Business and Professional Women’s Club. At this time, reading material was available only one evening a week, in a room in the elementary school. When the first librarian was hired in 1965, the library was housed in one small room of what was then the New Holland Borough Hall. By the time we moved into our new building in June of 1997, we were very much in need of the extra space. In addition to being able to provide the room to house more traditional library materials, the extra space has given us an opportunity to further expand our computer offerings. A community library reflects the soul and values of its community. A good library indicates a community that invests in its citizens. We are very thankful that our community has been a strong factor over the years to allow us the growth we have seen.