Summer Reading Program registrations at Lancaster Public Libraries broke last year’s totals. This year’s children’s theme, “Fizz, Boom, Read” and the teen theme, “Spark a Reaction”” have drawn record-breaking registrations for all levels of participation. The following statistics reflect participation over the Summer Reading Program’s ten-week period:
- 24,333 youth signed up for the reading program.
- 14,304 youth completed the reading program.
- 38,009 children and parents attended 1,314 summer learning events.
- 121,290 books read by youth
- 6,808,895 minutes read by youth
Public Libraries in the county experienced a 17% increase in youth signing up in 2014 vs. 2013. They also experienced a 25% increase in youth completing the program in 2014 vs. 2013.