The Lancaster Science Factory, along with science centers across the country, is playing a role in renewing interests in math, science, technology, and engineering. James Bunting, a retired advertising executive, was inspired by a science center he visited in Florida. He founded the Lancaster Science Factory with goals to increase children’s interests in math and science, provide an interactive learning environment outside the classroom, and be accessible to all local youth in Lancaster County. The Science Factory is a member of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC), an organization that links science centers and museums around the world.
Bob Herbert, Executive Director says “We are very proud to be a part of the Family Museum Pass Program with the Library System of Lancaster County. This program aligns with our mission perfectly and opens the door for a whole new audience to come and experience over 50 hands-on exhibits that relate to Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.”
To read more about the Lancaster Science Factory visit their website at http://www.lancastersciencefactory.org/
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only.
- One week circulation (See Museum Hours)
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile.
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum.
- Replacement cost $7.00 for lost or damaged case.
Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular Museum hours.
- Pass is not valid for programs requiring pre-registration or special events; additional charges applied for some events. (Visitors may want to call ahead).
- Membership privileges do not apply.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Maximum of 4 people, one must be a supervising adult.
- Pass may only be used ONCE to visit the museum during the one week check out/circulation.
- Pass may not be used for Commercial of For-Profit purposes.