LancasterHistory.org exists to engage and educate the public about the people, places and events that shaped Lancaster County within the context of the history of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of AmericaIn 2014, LancasterHistory.org joined the Family Museum Pass program.
Enjoy a visit to both President James Buchanan’s Wheatland and the Lancaster County Historical Society with it’s three centuries of art and history today!
To read more about the LancasterHistrory visit their website at http://www.lancasterhistory.org/
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory.org hours of operation)
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost: $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular hours of operation (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory.org hours).
- Not valid for Yuletide & Special Events. Borrower may want to call ahead.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Designated for a family or group of up to 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Pass can only be used once during the one week check-out/circulation.
- Museum pass may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
Thanks to the Eiserer-Hickey Fund of the Lancaster County Community Foundation for making this program possible.