LancasterHistory exists to engage and educate the public about the people, places and events that shaped Lancaster County within the context of the history of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America. LancasterHistory joined the Family Museum Pass program in 2014.
With your Museum Pass, you can enjoy a visit to LancasterHistory, including President James Buchanan’s Wheatland. General admission includes a guided tour of the presidential home and admission to the exhibition galleries, including the newest exhibit FREEDOM: “to secure the Blessings of Liberty.” Through the use of historic artifacts and documents, this exhibit explores the stories of Lancastrians who sought freedom, fought for freedom, lived in freedom, and were denied freedom over the course of 300 years.
For more information or to view LancasterHistory’s hours and tour times, please visit www.lancasterhistory.org or call 717-392-4633.
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card. Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
The Family Museum Pass may be used for admission to LancasterHistory’s museum exhibitions ONLY from November 25-December 30, 2019.
The pass may not be used for a Yuletide at Wheatland tour, Candlelight Tour, or to facilitate a group tour. Our museum exhibitions are available Monday – Saturday from 9:30am – 5pm. Tours of Wheatland are available on the hour from 10am – 3pm.
LancasterHistory is closed on Sundays and on holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
Will will also be closed December 30 to January 12. Call 717-392-4633 or visit www.lancasterhistory.org for information or assistance.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory’s hours of operation)
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost: $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular hours of operation for general admission (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory’s hours).
- Not valid for Yuletide at Wheatland or other special events. Borrower may want to call ahead.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Designated for a family of up to 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Passes cannot be used for facilitating a group tour (e.g. scouting group, school group, clubs, etc.). Multiple passes may not be used during the same visit. If you are interested in reserving a group tour, please call 717-392-4633 to make a reservation.
- Pass can only be used once during the one week check out/circulation.
- Museum pass may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
Thanks to the Eiserer-Hickey Fund of the Lancaster County Community Foundation for making this program possible.