LancasterHistory exists to engage and educate the public about the people, places and events that shaped Lancaster County within the context of the history of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America. LancasterHistory joined the Family Museum Pass program in 2014.
Using the Pass:
With your Museum Pass, you can enjoy a visit to LancasterHistory, including President James Buchanan’s Wheatland. General admission includes a guided tour of the presidential home and admission to museum exhibitions, including the newest exhibit, Lancaster in the ‘60s. Passes may only be redeemed for walk-in admission. Advance reservations are not available. Please see pass Guidelines & Conditions for Use for more information.
From mid-November – December the pass may only be redeemed for Museum Exhibition Only admission. Passes may not be redeemed for Yuletide at Wheatland General Admission or tours.
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card. Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Before You Visit:
Please visit LancasterHistory’s website, www.lancasterhistory.org, or call 717-392-4633 to verify hours of operation and Wheatland tour times. Passholders should also review LancasterHistory’s Health & Safety Protocols for Visitors prior to arrival, especially for any updates about their mask policy.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory’s hours of operation)
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost: $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Conditions of Use:
- Passes may only be redeemed for walk-in admission, if available.
- Valid during regular hours of operation for general admission (see both Wheatland and LancasterHistory’s hours).
- Not valid for Yuletide at Wheatland or other special events. Borrower may want to call ahead.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Designated for a family of up to 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Passes cannot be used for facilitating a group tour (e.g. scouting group, school group, clubs, etc.). Multiple passes may not be used during the same visit. If you are interested in reserving a group tour, please call 717-392-4633 to make a reservation.
- Pass can only be used once during the one week check out/circulation.
- Museum pass may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
Thanks to the Eiserer-Hickey Fund of the Lancaster County Community Foundation for making this program possible.