Experience the awe-inspiring power of trains! Take the throttle on a simulated run in a real freight locomotive cab, sit in an engineer’s seat, climb aboard a caboose, explore an early 20th century passenger station and inspect a 62-ton locomotive from underneath!
The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission, with the active support of the Friends of the Railroad Museum of Pennslyvania.
“We are so pleased to be able to participate in this most worthy project. We take our responsibilities as members of the Lancaster County educational community very seriously, and hope our participation will not only introduce new audiences to the wonderful history and heritage we work to preserve, but also hope that, in supporting this project, we can encourage our fellow citizens to make the most of the wonderful resources Lancaster County’s libraries and museums have to offer.”
To read more about the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania visit their website at http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see Museum Hours)
- Reserves are allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost: $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular Museum hours.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Maximum of 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Pass may be used only once to visit the museum during the one week check out/circulation.
- Museum passes may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.