The Demuth Foundation’s mission is to promote the appreciation and awareness of the visual arts in Lancaster. The Demuth Foundation works to preserve the legacy of Charles Demuth and his groundbreaking art, support current local and regional artists, and inspire a new generation of creatives. This is accomplished through unique exhibitions and engaging educational programs to serve a diverse community.
Their vision is an inspired community where all recognize their inherent creativity, and the arts foster a dialogue to enhance the quality of life in Lancaster.
In 2014, The Demuth Museum and Lancaster Museum of Art merged to form two museums with one mission. The Demuth Museum is a member of Historic Artists’ Homes and Studios, a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Lancaster Museum of Art
is a community-based museum featuring local art and traveling exhibitions. While each location maintains its own unique identity – the Demuth Museum’s focus on the life and legacy of Charles Demuth and the Lancaster Museum of Art’s close relationship with the local visual arts community – the newly formed organization focuses on promoting the visual arts in the community through educational programs, membership, and collaborative exhibitions and events.
To learn more, visit https://www.demuth.org/
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 16 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see Museum Hours)
- Reserves are allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost: $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular Museum hours.
- Does not apply to group rates, Special Events, Exhibitions or Workshops.
- Maximum of 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Pass may be used only once to visit the museum during the one week check out/circulation.
- Museum passes may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
Thanks to the Len & Pat Eiserer Fund of the Lancaster County Community Foundation for making this program possible.