You can pay for your fines at your local library you can pay at the front desk.
You can also make payments online.
- Go to our Online Catalog
- Click My Account Login and fill out the forms to login
- Click on the unpaid Find and Bills button
- You need to have at least $4.00 in fines in order to pay online
- Click on the Pay Online Button and fill out the information
- If the transaction was successfully completed, you will see an Online Payment Receipt screen that you may print for your records by clicking the PRINT button.
If you receive a message that states “we are unable to process the payment”, your fines and fees will remain on your account.
Fines and Fees
- 30 cents per day for Adult and YA (Young Adult) materials with a maximum fine of $5.10 per item
- 20 cents per day for Children’s material’s with a maximum fine of $3
- $1 per day for all Videos and DVDs with a maximum of $5 per item daily.
First Notice at 2 Weeks
The first overdue notice will be sent to the most recent address listed in the library records for the patron account when the item is 2 weeks overdue. The notice will include a list of overdue materials.
Failure to return the items listed in this notice within seven (7) working days of the date of this notice will result in a suspension of a cardholder’s borrowing privileges in each library in Lancaster County until the account is cleared.
Failure to return these items within 4 weeks after the original due date will result in a charge to the cardholder’s account for the replacement cost of the materials.
Second Notice: Bill for replacement at 4 weeks
The second notice is sent when the item is 4 weeks overdue. This is a bill for the replacement of the books. If the billed items are found, you need only pay the overdue fines.
LOST AND DAMAGED ITEMS
Lost item charges equal the price of the item. It is the responsibility of the library patron to contact the library to arrange for the payment of overdue fines. Any questions about an account may be directed to the cardholder’s local library.
ENFORCEMENT OF OVERDUE FINES
Library patrons of the parents of the juvenile library patron are expected to return library materials promptly and to pay any overdue fines incurred.
If an item is more than 14 days overdue, borrowing privileges are suspended until the materials are returned and the overdue fine is paid.
Fines must be paid and overdue materials returned before suspended borrowing privileges are restored.