Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our patrons and staff. Because of the current library closures, we have instituted many changes to our library services. Below are facts about our service changes. If you have questions that aren’t answered on this page, please contact us. We will update this page as our services change.
Click the question you need answered:
- During the closure of all libraries, you will no longer be able to place holds on books and materials (books, CD’s, DVD’s, etc.).
- You can still place a hold on all OverDrive eBooks and audiobooks during the closure.
- Holds cannot be picked up during the closure.
- We are working to keep your holds for you.
- Check your online library account to see the status of your hold.
- For further questions, contact your local library first by phone or email.
- If you are unable to reach your local library, please contact the Library System of Lancaster County for further assistance.
- Please contact the Library System of Lancaster County to apply for a library card.
- In the ‘Your Message’ field of the form, indicate that you would like to apply for a library card.
All library card expirations will be postponed until after libraries reopen.
- You will not receive any email notifications or mailed notices during the closure.
- These notifications will resume once the libraries reopen.
- The book drop at your local library may be inaccessible during the closure. Please feel free to hold onto your library materials until our libraries reopen.
- Any books and materials (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) that were due 3/13/20 or later have been renewed and will continue to renew automatically until the libraries reopen.
- You may have accrued fines on items that are due during the library closure. Please speak with your local library when we reopen to clear this up.