After more than three years of meticulous planning and consultation with museum design professionals and architects, the recently renovated barn at Historic Rock Ford opened in the Spring of 2021.
The beautifully designed gallery showcases a one of a kind collection consisting of over 230 objects by Lancaster County artisans including tall case clocks, silver, furniture and portraiture created during Edward Hand’s residency in America and the period interpreted at Rock Ford (c.1765-1810). The grouping represents one of the largest and most significant collections of early Lancaster County decorative arts ever assembled and came to Rock Ford as a bequest from noted antiquarian John J. Snyder, Jr. The objective of the new gallery is to not only showcase the exquisite creations of Early Lancaster County craftsmen but also the diverse population that supported them.
Link to John J. Snyder Jr Gallery website:
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 16 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Overdue fines: $1.00 per day/up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement cost $7.00 for lost or damaged case
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
Pass Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular Snyder Gallery hours.
- Not valid for any Special Event that requires a reservation. (Borrower may want to call ahead.)
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Maximum of four (4) people; one must be a supervising adult.
- Pass can only be used once during the one week check out/circulation.
- Museum pass may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
The John J. Snyder, Jr. Gallery of Early Lancaster County Decorative Arts at Historic Rock Ford:
881 Rockford Road
Lancaster, PA 17602
The Snyder Gallery is open for self-guided tours from April through October.
Please visit our website for the most up-to-date hours.
Historic Rock Ford is administered by the Rock Ford Foundation, Inc., a private 501(C)(3) non-profit foundation.
Please note: This pass does not include admission to guided tours of the General Edward Hand Mansion.
Thanks to the Eiserer-Hickey Fund of the Lancaster County Community Foundation for making this program possible.
Click here to check if this pass is available at your library!
Click here for Museum hours!