Becky Gochnauer, Museum Director says “The Family Museum Pass Program is an amazing gift to families that allows them to experience some of the rich heritage that makes Lancaster County so special. We are privileged to participate in the program. We love telling stories about the heritage and roots of Lancaster County to children of all ages. The Family Museum Pass Program encourages families to learn more about not just the Herr House, but also about other resources in the county that will help to broaden their appreciation for the place where they live.”
To read more about the Hans Herr House visit their website at http://www.hansherr.org/
The Museum Pass is loaned to any Lancaster County adult with a valid public library card.
Family Museum Passes are available at all 17 public libraries and the Bookmobile.
Museum Pass Circulation Guidelines:
- Adult check-out only
- One week circulation (see Museum and Tours card)
- Reserves allowed from any library including bookmobile
- Due to the popularity of this service, museum passes are not eligible for renewal.
- Overdue Fines: $1.00/day – up to $5.00 maximum
- Replacement costs: $7.00 for loss or damaged case.
- Pass Conditions of Use:
- Valid during regular Hans Herr House Tours starting at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, or 3:00 pm.
- Pass not does include any Eastern Woodlands Longhouse tours.
- Pass not to be used with other promotions or Special Events.
- Does not apply to group rates.
- Maximum of 4 people, one of which must be a supervising adult.
- Passes cannot be used for facilitating a group tour (e.g. scouting group, school group, clubs, etc.). Multiple passes may not be used during the same visit. If you are interested in reserving a group tour, please call 717-464-4438.
- Pass may only be used ONCE during the one-week check out/circulation.
- Museum pass may not be used for commercial or for-profit purposes.
The Museum is open from April 1 through November 31.